Monday, May 2, 2011

You Can't Handle The Truth

We all remember the epic line from the movie, but it may be true in more ways than one. This blog has received it's fair share of criticism in the few weeks I have written it. Some say I share too much, some want more of the gritty details, and still others want me to keep it all sunshine and rainbows. Problem is, I agree with all of them a little bit but here is my response:

We are all well aware that there is too much doom and gloom out there no matter where we look. In the news, on tv, you name it and there are people reminding us that life is fragile and we are only here for a short time, so who would want to read a blog about one guys continual failing attempts at life? Besides, it isn't like I am someone famous or super smart that people would want to know how I handle things. "Oh, poor so-and-so. They are famous and therefore we care about their personal lives..." This is my story. These are my views on the way life is going for me. I know there are a lot of people going through similar circumstances, so I write this to help people understand what it's like if they have not gone through it themselves and a helping hand to those that are in the middle of a rough time right now.

Do I share too much? Maybe. But I am one of those crazy people that doesn't have any secrets so it seems odd for some that I share all of me so publicly. I am not going to write about my bowel movements or anything like that, but I think it is important for you to get the whole story.

I want to take the time to thank the regular followers and let you know I have several more articles in the works. For those of you just joining us, thanks for checking it out. I will try my best not to disappoint but at the same time I have to write the truth as I see it and I think you CAN handle it. Please bear with me. I am a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Love the movie. Love the quote. Love this blog. I really appreciate how honest you are about everything and I love that you are helping all the rest of us understand what you did/are going through. I will continue to support you and continue to follow on here.

    ReplyDelete