Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Journey to the DRC


The journey starts here!

Thank you for allowing me to share with you about an exciting opportunity I have to join my father, for the first time, on the mission field. In August we will be traveling to the Democratic Republic of Congo while representing Enduring Treasure Ministries and in partnership with a team from Eden Mission based out of Texas. We will be traveling to the area of Bunia, which is in northeastern Congo, not easily reached. It is there we will encourage the people in their spiritual walks and their family’s development. Our goal will be to come alongside and train the Congolese people in building healthy families that love and serve God. As well as doing some manual labor projects in the community to build up the physical church in that area.


Many of the people we will be training, are members of a church that was planted by a man who was first introduced to me a couple years ago named Kenneth Rwego. Upon meeting Kenneth I was immediately struck by the passion he has for the people of Congo and with his willingness to do whatever God has called him to in an effort to serve and reach those most in need. Enduring Treasure Ministries has been in partnership with Kenneth to develop some of the curriculum used by the church he leads, not only for the adults but also specifically designed material for the children that attend. This church is creating a strong pocket of revival in a very dark corner of the world, and God is doing a great work in the hearts and lives of families that have, for too long, felt forgotten.


The Rwego Family

For years Congo has held a very special place in my heart and I find it to be such a great honor for me fulfill a long time desire to not only join my father on this journey but also to stand shoulder to shoulder with these fellow believers and remind them of just how important they are to God. Will you join me in encouraging them?

We are scheduled to leave August 19th and plan on returning on the 30th depending on flight availability in and out of the country. With all expenses considered, it will cost roughly $3500 for me to go. Because I will be taking the time off from work and leaving my wife and our three-year-old at home, I will be unable to carry the cost myself. I will be completely dependent on you and the generosity of His Church to make this happen. If you are able to give financially, you can follow the steps below.

If you are unable to give at this time, that’s ok too! I need prayer partners! I need friends that can give a little bit of time each day to help get me prepared for this trip and for endurance once I arrive. As I mentioned, I will be leaving my son Andrew in my wife Katie’s capable hands, but be praying for them as well as this will be the first time we will have been apart for this long and at this distance. Be praying for wisdom and discernment as we teach and strength as we will be pouring out as much of ourselves into this area as possible while we are there.


Thank you so much for your willingness to help reach the lost and encourage the Church around the globe. I am excited to see how God uses me in this unique experience and I look forward to sharing with the people of Congo how much they mean to you and to God.

Thank you for your consideration and support.


If you would like to send your support via check, you can mail it to:

Enduring Treasure Ministries
P.O. Box 97
St. Peters, MO  63376


Or if you would prefer to make a secure donation online, you can click this link to visit Enduring Treasure Ministries and click the DONATE button on the bottom of the page. In the line marked "special instructions", type, "Joe Cox DRC trip" and the funds will we directed to an account set up just for me on this trip.


 All donations are tax deductible and a receipt can be issued upon request.

1 comment: