Friday, May 27, 2011

Housebroken

The woman who beats out the competition and ends up with me is getting a better prize than she knows.

I come pre-trained.

I come from a home with a loving and rule enforcing mother and two opinionated and vocal sisters. I am well aware of what is expected from a gentleman in every occasion. I do not ask a woman her age, real hair color or shoe size. I always put the seat back down, hold doors open (when allowed to), and hold purses without complaining when asked. I am well acquainted with the seating selection provided outside of certain clothing store fitting rooms and rate the stores accordingly. You will be able to watch that cheesy chick flick when we go to the movies and I will buy you the large popcorn and not judge you for eating the entire thing before the previews are over. I encourage you to order real food on dates instead of salad and the dress you wore tonight makes you look amazing.

I know how to cook more than just grilled cheese and eggs. I love doing house work; painting, gardening, doing dishes, vacuuming, even windows. Dirty clothes go in the hamper and socks come off before getting into bed. You are the prettiest out of all the other women you know and most of the ones you don't (I will also not lie). Your opinion matters to me the most. I will wear the shirt you bought me for Christmas instead of my favorite t-shirt I've had since college. I ask for directions (most of the time) and I will stop for garage sales if you see something you want to check out.

None of this is made up or elaborated. It is just the way it is.

1 comment:

  1. Joe, you know you make the rest if us guys look bad. But really you are a great guy and I love you a lot.

    ReplyDelete