Monday, May 30, 2011

To Be Continued...

It has been a month and a half since we began this journey together and the response I have gotten has been outstanding. At least every other day I have been sent an email or comment or even phone call from someone expressing to me how much this blog has meant to them in one way or another. In doing so, you may have created a monster.

I write all the time now. Every conversation I have with someone ends up as a small scrap of paper in my pocket with another title or subject to write about. I had one or two things I really wanted to cover and then it turned into this thing I can't control. After the first few, I started writing ideas down on post its and sticking them on the wall above my desk. I can no longer see the wall through the post its. I have some great articles to write still like; the Dear Future series, The Best Decision I Ever Made, Romantic Comedies: Fact or Fiction, and Why I don't dance but love to party. I look forward to publishing these for you all. However, for the next few weeks I will be taking a break from the blog.

If you are wondering why, it is mostly your fault. The first week I had 32 views on my page. Within a month I was getting 200-300 hits a day. Awesome. Enough to catch the attention of some friends in high places. I have been asked to attempt a book this summer for possible publishing. This has been a life goal of mine for a long time and I am excited about the chance to make it happen. I have never written a book before and since it will take more time to write, I have decided to dedicate my blog writing time to that.

I also will be taking the time this summer to enjoy my family and exploring my new state of California. So far I have scheduled camping trips, off road excursions, a hot air balloon ride, and I have made a few connections through the online dating websites. With all of this going on in the next few weeks, I feel it will make for better stories for me to share with you.

Thank you so much for your encouragement in this time. Remember, this is not goodbye, just a simple see you later. I will be posting again in September and I will keep you posted in the week prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment