Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome Back

So another summer is almost gone. One more season to look back on and nod in appreciation of. For myself, it has been a summer of triumphs and failures.

I mentioned I was writing a book. That book is still yet to be finished but looking promising. I am having some councilors look over it and provide some additional insight so the book doesn't send anyone off in a direction of emotional crisis. It is a book on divorce (a topic I have a lot to say about) and so far it is coming together nicely.

I am still working my job. Oh, the lessons I have learned there in the last few months. I have seen some pretty amazing things happen there, I have made some friends, lost some, and dated some. But that is for another article. Work has proven to be a challenge as my knowledge has increased and my pay remains the same. I know I should be happy with the fact that I even have a job and I wish I could say that I am but I am wanting something more.

I have taken on the role of sunday school teacher this summer and am having a blast with that. The kids are awesome, the other teachers are excited and I am learning so much from both groups each week. I have had the distinct pleasure of helping to establish a new program and with that comes the policies manual. I had forgotten how much I love to write those.

I have fallen head over heals for the wine industry here. My new favorite spot is at a local winery where I have become a regular fixture. It is my new quiet place, happy place, thinking place or whatever you want to call it. It feels good to have that small thing taken care of. Since the big move to California, I have not had a really good place to go to think and there I get to, finally. My pallet is quickly developing with the help of a few of the wine makers here in town so if you need wine advice, we can cover that here too.

So to recap: same regular Joe, a little older, a little wiser, a little more willing to do things he was uncomfortable doing in the past. In the coming weeks and maybe months if I don't bore you, I plan to take on many more challenges, personal and professional, and I hope you'll join me. I like the attention.

Welcome Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment