Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Poor Man's Romance

I will not promise to meet you in Rome and sweep you off your feet. I will not promise to buy you a house as an engagement present. I will not promise you a 10 ct diamond ring or to give you the life of your dreams.

I am a hopeless romantic. A poor hopeless romantic. When I say poor, I mean that I have nothing to offer a woman but all of me. I may not be able to provide you with the finer things in life but that will not make me love you less. I promise to love you.

I will promise to take you out to places that have real napkins and some that don't. I promise to grab your favorite candy bar when in line at the supermarket. I will make sure to pick up my dirty clothes from time to time and I will always put the seat back down. I will wear the sweater you bought me and I will be happy with whatever color you want to paint the bathroom. I will not promise to enjoy it but I will watch sappy girly movies with you and promise to not make fun of you when they make you cry. I promise to love you.

I promise to think about you first. I promise to listen to you and I promise to not try to solve all your problems before you are done talking about them. I will mean it when I tell you I love you and I will tell you everyday. I will want to be with you when you are sick and I will care for you until you are well again. I will be honest and loyal. I will not bring up old wounds during arguments and I will never compare you to your mother. I promise to provide for you all you will need and do my best to give you what you want. I promise to love you.

I will not offer you the moon for it is not mine to give but as long as it stands in the sky, I will be true to you and you alone. Faithfully and forever. All I can give, I will give. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. What girl in her right mind wouldn't want to hear that from her husband??

    May God grant you the ability to always feel that way about the one He has for you.

    Thank you for giving hope to those of us that find it hard to believe there really are guys like you out there.

    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete