Thursday, September 15, 2011

Confession of a Pre-Buser

This is not ok.
Growing up in a larger family, we were expected to clean up after ourselves. With all of us running around and my parents having just enough energy to corral us from one place to another, we needed to help out as much as we could.

After dinner, we would help clear the table, do the dishes (we didn't have a reliable dishwasher half the time I was growing up), put away the leftovers and make sure the table was wiped down. These habits carried over into our routine when we went out to eat as well. Even when I was out on my own as an adult or at a party at someones house, I would do the same things.

When I go out anywhere, I make sure before I leave my table to do the following:

- Stack the plates neatly with the utensils on top
- Glasses are emptied into one and arranged neatly at one end of the table
- Napkins folded in a stack
- Table wiped down
- Tip left in middle of the table held down by one of the glasses so it isn't blown away or stolen

If there is something I am forgetting, please leave a comment. I love making other peoples jobs easier.

1 comment:

  1. Only put your tip under a glass if it is dry. Wet money is gross and a pain. But I usually understood their effort and ALWAYS appreciated pre-bussed groups :)

    ReplyDelete