Monday, May 16, 2011

Cougar Hunt

Living in southern California as a twenty-something single male, one has to familiarize themselves with the cougar. Not the out in the wild kind, but the likes the younger guys kind. In the last several months I have become more open to the idea of wooing an older woman. I am not pursuing any such individual at the moment nor do I plan on hanging out at nursing homes for dates, I am simply bringing the issue to the forefront.

When you were in high school it was never cool to date below your grade. A senior would never date a freshman and that was simply a matter of a few years difference. Now that I am a little older and a little wiser, I have stopped thinking about the age difference as a factor while getting to know someone. At work everyone is several years younger or older than me. At my old job, I was the youngest person in the building. At church it is the same thing. So, I have learned to not even consider it an issue even to the point of thinking of dating someone older as a bonus.

Think about it. Older women know what they want in life. They have a lot of experience to offer a young cub like myself. They don't want to play all the silly girl games the younger women tend to. They are stable and secure with themselves. All those traits are something to be admired. Plus, there are a lot of attractive women out there, so why would I limit myself to a specific age range? Again, I am not talking about dating a woman 30 years ahead of me, but I am not afraid of the idea of being with a real woman.

I 'm sure I will take some heat for this article but I don't care. I love women, and I am not going to let age play a factor in me not being happy with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment