Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Compu-Dating

You asked for it. You got it. I have begun the grueling process of online dating. The other day I had some time and I was thinking about what to write about this week. I have a topic board that I have been going off of for a while and a recurring theme kept popping up. In a lot of the topics I want to write about, I would be referencing dating via website and I have never tried this. So instead of being a total hypocrite, I decided to post some profiles on a handful of sites and see what I came up with.


Understand, I have never been good about "putting myself out there" so for me to post a picture and describe what is important to me in a date/mate, took a lot of courage that I quite frankly didn't think I had. I started with a couple of the obvious ones; eHarmony and Match.com. They took me about an hour to fill out, and get approved. Not a bad exercise. I took personality tests, ethics tests, but most importantly, it gave me an opportunity to explore what I really thought I wanted. Turns out there are a lot of women that appreciated the way I described that part. I tried to be as honest as possible. When I was asked what I did for a living, I put "customer service/fast food". When I was asked my body type, I chose "a few extra pounds" instead of the "athletic".

It was a lot of fun and a semi-productive time waster. I then went on to post profiles on Plenty Of Fish, Chemistry.com, and (just for fun) CougarLife.com. I have received several responses, many of which I believe to be automatically generated, but with all skepticism aside, I like what is coming up. (except on cougarlife. turns out its just a hook up site and I already have explained that I am not a man-whore). I will keep you posted on any actual dates that might come of this venture so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment