Friday, May 13, 2011

Name Calling


I don't know if anyone has noticed but I am currently divorced. If you have picked up on that then you have probably also picked up on the fact that I don't really talk bad about her. Trust me, it isn't because I am not in full right to do so, I just don't see the point.

She tricked me into thinking she loved me. She fooled my entire family and all those around us. She threw away every offer I made to her to start fresh. She walked away without hesitation when things started to get tough. I, loved her. She, didn't understand what that meant.

When I say I loved her, I am serious. I know what I was promising when we said our vows before God and everyone. I knew exactly what I was doing. I was young, sure, but I knew I loved her more than I could anyone else. I worked hard at our marriage and although looking back I can see times I could have done more or worked harder on one thing or another, I truly was doing my best. I have a clear conscience about that today. She simply had no idea what was really going on. She didn't realize she had to work at it too. “It will all work out”, she would say, not realizing that work doesn't take place without effort.

I could call her just about any name you could think of for the way she treated me. I don't. Do we really need one more guy out there calling his ex a crazy, cold hearted bitch? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment