Thursday, May 19, 2011

You're Gross, But I Love You

Insert image of something gross
I have a slobbery dog. He really isn't that bad, but once or twice a day he has to just shake. After doing this the other night, I said to him those very words. I have younger brothers and sisters and I have done my fair share of helping mom with diaper duty. I have taken care of little kids who are potty training and don't quite have the hang of it. I have held girls' hair as they threw up after getting off the roller coasters at Ceder Point. And I have loved every one of them.

We all do gross stuff at times. I am not excusing myself from this number. I have had my moments as well. While not going into any more detail there, I realized that after doing all that, I was sharing my love with those people.

Some people want to think that once they fall in love with someone, they will never gross you out. Not true. Not if you're doing it right. If you haven't seen your partner in the eyes of gross, you have not really seen them. Don't get me wrong, I love the heir of mystery that I believe needs to stay in place, but if you are not being real with the other person, and they don't feel like they can be themselves, gross and all, around you, you can only get so close.

So the next time someone does something gross and you have to help them remember you are loving them in a way that others may not have the stomach for. Also remember to wash your hands when you are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment