Monday, April 25, 2011

Wine, Women and Song

Three things that I love and will never figure out.

I love music but I could never play. I took a few piano lessons which allows me to this day to play "The March Of The Middle C" and I dabbled with the guitar when I was a freshman in college like all good freshmen do and nailed the power chords. I love music. I love to sing along (even when I don't really know all the words. come on, you make up your own lyrics too.) with songs I have collected over time. Some classical, punk, oldies, ska, yes I said ska. So sue me. I was a big fan of the local scene for that summer. I have an unfounded variety of music and I love every bit of it. I don't know why. I grew up in a musically minded family with both sisters in choir and honor choir. One is working on her masters in music education, but that's them. Me, I just love it.

I love wine. I like beer too but I love wine. I love the tasting and the variety. I love the fact that you can open a bottle on any other day and it would taste different. I love that wine isn't about finding the wine everyone else loves, its about the ones you love. Wine is the journey, not the destination. I love that I will never run out wine to taste. I do not understand how my pallet is able to pick up different hints of cherry or pepper notes. I do not understand the process of grape to wine the way I should. People will always know more about it, but I will always love it.

I love women. I tried to come up with a list of things I love, but it would be too long. I love just about everything about them. This doesn't mean I understand them, I just love 'em. I could spend an eternity with all of them to try to figure them out but I think I would just be content with one.

1 comment: