Sunday, April 10, 2011

Car Seat -or- Convertible

Two things I would love to have but seem to contradict one another.

I would love to drive a convertible, with the sun on my neck, speeding down the highway. I have never thought of myself as the soft California guy who drives the Porche 911 with the top down 7 days a week so don't get me confused with that guy. I would be more of the classic Cadillac guy that takes the top down on the way to some weekend car show. I would have a different car for the daily grind on the 15 and for making airport runs for friends that take advantage of the fact that you're off on Mondays, but a weekend convertible...that would be great. The only issue is, in a car like that, one does not usually find a car seat, booster seat, or lick to stick sun shade.

I would love to be able to enjoy all the implications that come with the car seat as well. I would love to be the prepared dad with all the things that come with having a kid. I would love to be the guy that has spit up on his shirt when he walks into the Thursday staff meeting but doesn't realize it. I would love to be the guy who finds himself taking the kids for a stroll in the park, realizes too late how hot it is outside and decides he needs a drink of juice from the sippy cup. Problem is, with that guy, he doesn't have the extra money to spend on that classic car in the garage used only on the weekends.

So I need to decide which path to follow: Car seat or Convertible?

1 comment:

  1. You could buy one in bad shape and restore it over time. Nothing worth having happens over night... well almost nothing. I am like you in this... I want a 05 or 06 GTO. But I also want a Tahoe or similar with a couple car seats in the back. I always said that I would never want kids but around my 24th birthday I realized that just was not true.

    ReplyDelete