Friday, December 2, 2011

How To Succeed


People live their lives according to their own set of rules. I also have a set of rules to live by. Some of these include: The Golden Rule (if I need to explain this or describe what I am referring to, please stop reading now.), Help everyone you can with whatever you have, Do things right the first time, Honesty is the best policy but sometimes so is holding your tongue, and several others that I will write about later.

The truth of the matter is that in order to achieve success, many times you have to offer yourself to the undesirable option first. This is a lesson I have had to learn the hard way so to save you some trouble let me narrow my thinking down to this:

To be a great leader one must be a great servant.

To be a great teacher one must be a great student.

To be a great writer one must be a great reader.

Obviously I have yet to achieve greatness in the above mentioned fields but I am reading more than ever, I have found myself doing more studying than ever before just to feel confident enough to teach my Sunday school class, and I am constantly seeking out ways to reach out to people. I have a lot of work to do and many more lessons to learn. If you have anything to add, please feel free to in the space provided below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment