Monday, December 12, 2011

Did You Know

I am a human sponge for useless trivia. Sometimes I tend to make people feel uncomfortable when I sound off with something ridiculous I read about from hear or there, something I saw during my daily dive into the web surf, or something I may have seen on the inside of a Snapple lid. Whatever it is I say, it is mostly to answer a debated question or perhaps just a bit o' knowledge to entertain.

Did you know the most deadly spider is the blah blah blah?
Did you know the record for the longest time watching television while standing on a stool with one leg missing is blah blah blah blah blah?
Did you know the most famous blah blah became famous originally because of blah blah blah?

You get the idea.

A few weeks ago I was handed a question written by one of my third graders in Sunday school and it stumped me. It is written on a lime green card and right now I have it posted above my desk so I have to see it everyday. Scribbled as though it was written in a hurry with a simple ball point pen are the words: "Do you know God is with you?" I have never been more challenged by a simple question.

Do I? I don't know. I know I don't act like it all the time. I know that He will never leave me and I know that He has been with me before when I needed Him the most, but do I know He is with me right now. In this moment. Here.

Sometimes it is the easiest trivia questions that are the hardest to remember.

1 comment:

  1. This is deep. Kids are good at keeping it real. We adults have too much stuff running around in our heads. I definitely track with you about useless trivia. Some people get tired of hearing me talk because I feel like I constantly share something I just learned but it is all garbage compared to knowing Christ and that he is here.

    ReplyDelete