Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Future Self

Really? You went so far as to write yourself a letter? You arrogant idiot.

You are older now and probably not too much wiser but I hope you are happy with the choices you have made to bring you to the point where you are now reading your own blog. Up to the time I wrote this to you, you were a guy just making your way but I hope by the time you read this you have come up with some way to inspire and influence others.

I hope you had the guts to do the things you wanted to do and the humility to accept the things you couldn't change. By my estimate you should be a husband, father, business owner, community leader, published author, academy award winner, stunt pilot, developer of the voice activated pet hair trimmer, and dental hygienist. Wow. You are amazing.

I have to confess, I am a bit envious of your life now (or is it then?) once you accomplish the great things I know are in store for you. Then again I am really looking forward to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment