Friday, November 25, 2011

Future Future

Dear Future,

The 80's were uneventful, the 90's were drab, 00's were full of uneasiness, and so far the preteens or whatever they will eventually call this section of the new century have been reckless and greedy. If I could have a hope for the future it would be for it to not dig itself any further into the pit of selfishness.

Granted, at this point in my life I have not seen everything and I have still much to learn, but from the small portion of the human condition I have shared, it seems slowly degrading. We as a people have to pull ourselves together, give ourselves up to the needs of others, and still not become communists.

On the upside we have seen great leaps forward in technology and communication these past few years. If the future was able to keep up with the pace I expect we should be on mars and have flying cars sometime three years from now.

I have much hope in you future. Please don't let me down.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if the future in of itself has much hope. Left up to humanity people tend to be selfish no matter what generation.

    As far as flying cars... the US just plan disappoints me in car technology. Brazil has way better fuel efficient cars than we do and nearly ever car I saw in Sao Paulo was made my Chevy. When you pull up to the pump there you have the choice of four different kinds of fuels whether traditional gas, alcohol made from sugar or alcohol made from corn, and natural gas. So depending if you just had a few bucks and you needed a cheaper fuel that was less economical over a whole tank but just needed to get down the street you could do that or pay more and get a fuel that would last you longer overall. We don't have those kind of choices because the government is already loosing tax dollars on the fuel efficiency that we have now that we just peaking over 30 mpg on the average car. Our average should be well over 60 mpg at this point in history no excuses.

    ReplyDelete