Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Believer

It is vital to have something you believe in. Many seek after great men and leaders of great movements. Many seek after gods and religious ritual to trust in and follow. And although I do believe in God and I keep my faith my focus, I was reminded this week how important it is to have someone believe in you. I have no desire to be worshiped, but I do need to be believed in from time to time.

When you feel down or when things just don't work out the way you planned for them to, you need someone to come along side you and remind you that you matter. What you did, although you failed miserably at whatever it was, was good. When you are sad and feeling alone in the world, to have someone stand by you, reach out their hand to you and remind you that you are interesting and fun. When you feel stuck and think there is no way you can possibly..., they are right there to say yes, you can.

Having someone believe in you and give you that boost once in a while is so refreshing. It revitalizes to the core. Those are the people others try to surround themselves with but your believer is yours. It won't matter how much you try to push or battle your way from them, they will always be there rooting for you. Don't take it for granted. Embrace them and let them know that someone who is followed is only as strong as the belief of their followers.

1 comment:

  1. So true. A good encourager at your side is absolutely priceless. Days when I have been lifted up (mostly by my wife) not in a worshipful sense, as you mentioned, but as a believer that you can succeed, sends me out the door with courage and strength to conquer the world.

    The problem with other people is that they can be as faithful in believing me as I am which tends to wane a lot. The great thing about our faith in God is that even while that wanes from time to time as well (or rather a daily battle for my soul), He is faithful. He bought me with the price of his son (that blows my mind a little) and He keeps his investment. He won't let me go to waste no matter how much of a screw up I am because He paid the ultimate price to see me through to the end.

    ReplyDelete