Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Morning Adventure Part I

Chimes.

What I thought would be the least annoying of the cell phone alarms, seem to come from a demon's triangle at 5am. After straining to reach it, and fumbling with it to get my code entered and the alarm turned off, my brain is officially strained before any real activity begins. I sigh heavily and fling my feet off the side of the bed in one motion. I have the same feeling I get when I jump into a pool in mid October but it's always better than the slow adjustment and eventual disappointment of slippers and a housecoat.

Tripping over my own foot and jamming my toe on the carpet, I make my way to the bathroom. Just to pee. Looking in the mirror at this hour of the day has never done anyone any good. One more heavy sigh, and I open the door as quietly as possible to not disturb my love who has now moved over to my side of the bed and already has a firm grip on my pillow. Looks like I'm not crawling back into bed after all.

I grab a pair of shorts from the dresser, and head to the living room. I don't know why, but I like getting ready here. More space I guess to spread out. I lace up my shoes and grab a light jacket from the coat closet, check my pocket for the house key and although I know she remains asleep, I slowly open and close the front door like a ninja as I tiptoe outside.

Deep inhale. Slow exhale. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment